The startup phase is never easy – which we, of course, know from personal experience. Here are some quotes we love that might help or inspire you through your startup journey.
1. “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories and magic.”
— Seth Godin
A fantastic quote to remember when planning out your brand. Think about what and who are you, more deeply than just your products and services. The magic is in the stories and feelings you portray.
2. “If you’re not actively involved in getting what you want, you don’t really want it.”
Even on days when it’s tough to work through the challenges, remember that the only way to achieve your goal is to be actively involved in solving those problems and making progress towards what you want.
3. “A mind stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions.”
If you’re struggling to find direction, get out of the house. Go look around at cool stuff and go places you haven’t been. A new fresh perspective is exactly what you need.
4. “Never regret a day in your life: good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons, and best days give memories.”
Had a shitty day? Feel like you got nowhere despite working on something for hours? Don’t worry because even the worst days have a purpose. Tomorrow is new, so take your lessons from today and make tomorrow count.
5. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nature is full of the most beautiful creations. And her secret? Patience.
6. “Creative inspiration isn’t always going to come to you naturally. You actually have to push for it, fight for it & be looking for it everywhere.”
– Cathryn Wills
If you’re stuck for inspiration, we recommend again turning to nature. There are so many colours, shapes and patterns it is hard not to find something awe-inspiring. People are also great to watch; think about what makes them tick. No matter what you do though, if inspiration isn’t coming to you, then it’s down to you to go out and find it.
7. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.”
What’s it going to be? Get up, show up and never give up (and that’s a bonus quote for you). You make the conscious choice to make today a success.
8. “The key is not to prioritise what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.”
– Stephen Covey
If you’ve pencilled it in, it’s no longer just a dream or a to-do list item. It’s happening.
9. Be the story that must be told.
When you’re stuck, remember your ‘why’. What makes you passionate about your startup? Is it for you, the community, the environment? Tell your story, do it for you or the greater purpose you’re serving.
10. “Monday’s are great days for starting things, especially if it’s something that’s going to take you in the direction of your dream life. Set your intention, get up, take action and trust that one step at a time in the direction of your goal is the starting point of all success…”
We couldn’t have said it any better ourselves. This is what Walker & Wood Creative Agency is all about – helping you to set strategic goals and begin your journey forward to success!